We here at Umault recently ran a video campaign for ourselves (yes, we practice what we preach). As our launch date approached, we made a checklist of all the things to do and check before hitting “go.” We found it very useful, and thought you might too.
We’d like to share our secrets.
Watch the video for a breakdown of the key steps you should take to create your next video marketing campaign, or read the checklist below.
How to create your next video marketing campaign
Set a clear and measurable goal.
Have the goal set before creating any assets or videos. If you’re planning to use existing assets, does the video match the goal, sales funnel stage, and target audience? If not, the video might hinder your campaign.
Set your campaign to run according to your goal.
For example, if your goal is conversions, tell the platform. Sit back, relax and let it do its job.
Don’t worry about likes if your goal is website visits. Don’t worry about CPC if your goal is conversions. The AI is smart enough to serve your ad to people who will convert, for example, but not necessarily “like” your ad. Focus on your goal and let AI do its job.
Create multiple versions of your video.
Have a nuanced video? You’ll need a straightforward one to hedge your risk. Have an emotion-driven video, have a numbers-driven one to hedge. Make sure you’re using multiple versions so your eggs aren’t in one creative basket.
Double check your backend and tech.
- Is your landing page responsive for desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile? Check it using actual devices! Do forms appear correctly? Do images size dynamically?
- Install and check your tags and pixels. If these aren’t set up properly your ad platforms may not know who’s converting. Without knowing, they won’t be able to optimize for what’s working.
- Check your landing page speed. Keep in mind these prospects will give you very little time and will click away if your site takes too long to load. You need a fast experience.
Audit your landing page.
- Does it have a valuable offer?
- Is it clear what you want visitors to do once they reach your site? Is it seamless?
- Does the video and social post match the landing page content?
Audit your content.
- Watch just the first three seconds of your video. Does it catch your attention? That’s how long users will watch before they decide to stop or keep scrolling.
- Is the copy customized to the platform (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)? Avoid using the same copy across platforms.
More video marketing campaign resources
Wondering what videos we ran to advertise ourselves? Check them out.
- The direct spot that performed best on paid: https://youtu.be/VCPGMjCW0is
- The clever parody that performed best on organic: https://youtu.be/I2SeBj6R-mc
Listen to the podcast episode below.