Most B2B videos start with a marketing team saying, “We need a video!” There’s very little discussion in the early project stages about where you’re actually going to put the thing beyond “our website” and “YouTube.”
Making a video is only step one. Step two is video distribution. You need to make sure that people see your beautiful new asset. These eight tips will help you develop a distribution plan for your B2B video.
How to create a distribution plan for a B2B video
- Evaluate all your owned options, beyond your website homepage or a landing page. Can you use the video on blog posts? In email marketing? Product pages?
- Plan a launch day for your video, and create a toolkit for your internal team to share the video across their personal channels.
- If your video is an awareness campaign, budget for paid media from the start.
- When creating your budget for paid media, use historical data and apply the majority of your budget to tried-and-true platforms. Save a small chunk of your budget for experimenting with new platforms.
- For paid media, create a 15-30 second cutdown of your video to use for the ad. Make sure it cuts right to the point.
- When you share the video on social (whether organic or paid), share it with a clear offer and a dedicated landing page for the campaign.
- Post the video natively on all your corporate social media channels, and take the time to optimize the video for each platform with a clear title and detailed description.
- Before your launch date, generate a list of influencers in your niche. Reach out to them with your video and offer (see tip 6) to share with their audience.
For more on each tip, listen to the full episode of “Death to the Corporate Video” or read the transcript below.